Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hamburger Face

Whenever we have hamburgers for dinner my son asks for Ketchup eyes and “mouse”, and Mustard nose. In case you were wondering what we eat up here in the north, mouse is not on the menu. “Mouse” is the 4 year old version of “mouth” for those who don’t have children. “And mommy you’re going to do it right, cause Daddy makes an UGLY hamburger face!” All right that’s one hamburger face coming up hold the UGLY.

Last night I was all dressed up with nowhere to go so I thought I would take a FO picture of my silk shrug. Well if not having anywhere to go wasn't bad enough, my camera was dead. I knew what I had to do, I marched into my room changed into the flannel and headed to the couch to knit. What was I thinking, going out on a Friday night when I could be snuggled up on the couch with my flannel and my pup and some great knitting? I did get the picture of me modeling my silk shrug today. It was knit from fleece artist silk, using an adaptation of the shrugs from Knitter’s. I’m still not sure if I will ever wear it, but damn isn’t it pretty!

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Okay that hamburger face is cute. Now you should give our hotdog face a try. (hot dogs, Chicago, I guess)

Cut the hot dog into little rounds. Place the rounds face up. (just kidding either side will do)
Carefully draw a smile with the standard ketchup plastic container that my mom always had, with a little needle nose tip. Even more carefully make mustard eyes. You take it from there. This does not work well with smokie links. (I think the FDA has removed smokie links from the shelves; but there was nothing better at my Nana Lucarelli's house. She introduced us to them, and the big city bus. Could any food be worse for you?)
Love your blog.