Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blah

Having a cold, self induced deadlines and housework does not make for a productive knitter.

I finished the shawl and the last slipper, started a hat (Grumperina's Odessa for Magknits), clipped and washed the dog, 9 loads of laundry, yeah I sound like a pig but I missed ONE laundry day. I also stripped all the beds and don't forget all of the towels used for swimming days. Dusted, vacuumed and washed the floors. (Our house is mainly tile and wood floor, this makes for lots of washable floor space.) Dammit who wanted a bigger house? Oh yeah that was me, dumbass. Of course the decision for a larger home was made BEFORE I knit, and had a second child! Insert Rod Stewart's voice here "I wish that I knew what I know now..."

Before Friday, HAHAHAHA, I need to finish the hat, felt the slippers, wash both shawl and hat and send away, swatch for Butterfly (my Olympic insanity er project.), andmake a decision on a pattern and yarn to use for my sock pal. Under control right?

Last night I went to watch a local b-ball game and and watched the opening ceremonies to the local tournament both were fantastic. Tonight is event night at my son's school, tomorrow is Knit night, Saturday I'm volunteering for our local chocolate festival, really who could pass that up! Sunday "L" has a birthday party and Sunday night I have a loonie auction to go to. Under control right?

I think I need to place a call to that Harlot women, she can talk me down from this insanity no?

Really though, I look forward of all the events, hopefully next week is a bit more relaxed.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Michelle

You are so funny. I thought I was the only one who counted clipping the dog's nails in my list of to do things.

My sister likes to say, you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time....